Several power tools are being used for several reasons and home improvement tasks. However, the problem is that people are not aware of those products and do not know that they even exist. So in this article, we are going to discuss one such home improvement and development tool, which is the table saw miter gauge. It is one of those tools, which are being extensively used and offers several benefits but are not much popular in the perfect tools category for home improvement section.
So let us have a thorough look at this extraordinary and unique tool and discuss what its use are.
What is a table saw miter gauge?
A table saw miter gauge is a specially designed tool, which is used for the primary purpose of holding and cutting wood in the right shape and direction. Although this tool consists of various parts, one of its most crucial components is the miter gauge, with the help of which the full magic of proper wood cutting takes place.
With the help of a table saw miter gauge, you would be able to cut the wood with a proper finish at almost any angle. Moreover, with this tool, you can not only cut wood at straight edges, but you can also set the blades at different angles and can cut wood pieces at different angles.
Let us have a quick look at how a table saw miter gauge works.
When you have a look at the miter gauge in the table saw, you will notice that it consists of a thin metal piece with the help of which you can determine whether the wooden piece you are holding on the table saw is kept in the right degrees or not.
Mitre gauge also consists of a locking system with the help of which you would be able to lock the wooden segment at a particular angle. You would be offered perspectives from -45 to +45 degrees. Moreover, in some enhanced mitre gauges, you would be able to get positive stops, which will set the most commonly used angles.
This was a small intro of table saw miter gauge with its thorough working.
The setting of the table saw miter gauge
Before start working with the table saw miter gauge, you need to set the miter gauge at its initial settings. To do so, follow the steps listed below-
- The first step is to set your table saw miter gauge at 90 degrees.
- Next is to unplug the electric connection of your table saw.
- Slide the gauge.
- Place the wooden piece against the blade of the table saw, and you are ready to cut the wood piece at your desired angle.
With the help of these above-listed steps, you would be able to completely set your table saw miter gauge for working ahead.
Uses of the table saw miter gauge
There are several uses of the table saw miter gauge, some of which are as follows-
- The primary purpose of a table saw miter gauge is to help the user to cut the wooden pieces into a perfect shape with the help of the metal piece attached to it.
- With the help of table saw miter gauge, you can not only cut wooden pieces at straight angles such as 90 degrees but you can also cut wooden pieces at various aspects from -45 degrees up to +45 degrees with the help of a table saw miter gauge quickly.
- There comes several locking systems with the table saw miter gauge with which the probability of any mistake in the cutting process becomes negligible entirely.
Although there are several uses of the table saw miter gauge, the above listed are some of the most important ones.
Alternatives of miter gauge and why table saw miter gauge is the best from them?
There are several alternatives to the table saw miter gauge, but its most popular alternative is the miter sled. This tool also works as the miter gauge, and with this, you can cut wooden pieces from different angles easily.
But the table saw miter gauge is the best tool for this purpose because it offers you the support of metal pieces to get the perfect cutting at various angles. In the case of miter sled, however, this feature is not available.
These qualities make the table saw miter gauge the perfect tool for wood cutting and can provide its users best outcomes from wood cutting.