Just in case no one told you today, Valentine’s day is only two weeks away and I am having all these ideas brewing in my head. Hubby has been very spoiled with all my V-day recipe try-outs. This breakfast is perfect for sharing on a romantic morning! Breakfast in bed, for two!
Stuffed French Toast
Enjoy the lovely breakfast with your sweetie is a wonderful idea to start Valentine’s Day.
- 4 slices of wheat bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out the shapes in the bread. You can get two out of one slice. Save the bread and use it for some more french toast of the side.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the eggs, milk, vanilla, and sugar. Mix well.
- Batter the hearts and cook for a couple of minutes on each side.
- Spread some cream cheese filling on four hears and cover with the other four.
- Top off with some strawberries, pomegranate seeds, and powder sugar.
Strawberry Nutella poptarts
These Strawberry Nutella Poptarts are a snap to put together and would make the perfect Valentine’s Day breakfast in bed for the kiddos…or your lover!
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust
- 6 heaping teaspoons Nutella
- 6 heaping teaspoons strawberry jelly
- 2 large strawberries, sliced lengthwise and carved into hearts
- coarse sugar (or granulated sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolk and 1 teaspoon water. Set aside.
- Roll out pie crust till it’s pretty thin (about 1/16th of an inch thick). Cut into 2.5-inch x 3.5-inch rectangles, re-rolling the dough as needed. You should end up with 12 rectangles.
- Take 6 of the rectangles and cut out a heart in the center, using the strawberries carved into hearts as a guide. Set aside.
- On each of the 6 remaining rectangles, spread 1 heaping teaspoon of Nutella, leaving a 1/2 inch border around the edges. Then top the Nutella with a layer of strawberry jam, again making sure to leave a 1/2 inch border.
- Place a strawberry carved heart on top of the strawberry jam layer, in the center of the rectangle. Top with the pie dough with the heart carved out of the center.
- Seal the edges with the prongs of a fork and brush with egg wash mixture. Sprinkle heavily with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer to a cooling rack. Let cool for 5 minutes and then serve!
Gone are the days of sad diet breakfasts consisting of black coffee and grapefruit. This three-ingredient breakfast (yes, only three!) can be whipped up in less than 20 minutes and is ideal for cozy winter mornings at home on Valentine’s Day.
- 2 grapefruits
- Start by turning on the oven and setting it to broil.
- Cut the grapefruits in half, hamburger style.
- Using a paring knife, slowly cut between the fruit and rind and also cut along the individual segments. This will make it easier to eat later!
- Drizzle honey all over the top of the cut grapefruit.
- Lightly sprinkle cinnamon on top of the grapefruit.
- Broil for about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cut your grapefruits in half. Using a paring knife, slowly cut between the fruit and rind and also cut along the individual segments. Drizzle with honey and top with a sprinkling of cinnamon.
Mermaid smoothie bowl recipe
The past few months have seen a veritable explosion of colorful food and drinks, from the ultra-trendy mermaid toast to the hotly debated Unicorn Frappuccinos.
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 small bananas, ideally frozen
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon spirulina or blue algae powder
- 1/2 dragon fruit
- 1 small kiwi
- handful fresh blueberries
- handful fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, etc)
- edible flowers to decorate (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and process until liquidized. Taste and adjust for sweetness if you like. Pour into a bowl
- Use a melon baller to create little dragon fruit spheres. Alternatively, cut into slices or shapes.
- Slice the kiwi thinly and cut out shapes using sugarcraft cutters, or get crafty with a sharp knife.
- Arrange your toppings over your mermaid smoothie bowl and sprinkle with the mixed seeds.
Decorate with edible flowers and enjoy!
Nothing beats a romantic breakfast on Valentine’s Day! These simple and easy recipes are super manageable and so delicious! Sweet and savory recipes include cinnamon rolls, pomegranate mimosas, and bacon hearts!
Learn More: in case no one told you today