Lost your complete data? Don’t panic, you can recover lost data from hard disk using professional software. You can retrieve your precious data safely. You can also use the manual method to recover deleted data from hard disk. There are 2 manual methods for data recovery, you can get back lost data from hard disk by using any one method.
- Recover deleted files using the CMD method
- Restore files using Re-cycle bin method
Table of Contents
Recover lost data from damaged hard disk Manually
1. Data Recovery Using CMD Method
You can recover lost data from hard disk by using the CMD method. And you can restore corrupted, formatted and deleted data by using the manual method. But you can not recover permanently deleted data by using the manual method. And the manual method has some drawbacks also which I will discuss later. To recover permanently deleted files you can use professional software.
Step 1 – The first step to recover deleted data from hard disk is to press the “R + Windows” key together.
Step 2 – After this, type CMD in the search box.
Step 3 – Go to CMD window, type “chkdsk, ‘drive letter’ /f” and after doing this press enter.
Step 4 – Press the “Y” key and then press “enter” to continue the procedure.
Step 5 – Type in F:\>attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.* and press Enter.
2. Data Recovery Using Re-cycle bin Method
You can recover lost data from hard disk by using this manual method, but the manual method has some drawbacks. So to overcome those drawbacks, you can recover lost data from damaged hard disk using professional software.
Step 1 – The first step to recover data is to search for the recycle bin icon, and you need to do a right-click on the icon.
Step 2 – You need to click on the “open” button, after doing a right-click on the icon.
Step 3 – After performing the above steps, now you have to select the files which you want to recover.
Step 4 – After selecting the files, you need to click on the “restore” option to recover lost data from hard disk.
What are the Drawbacks of Manual Method
- No accuracy is there in the manual method.
- Users can lose their data permanently while recovering their data.
- Different is seen in between the procedure.
- The manual method doesn’t show the correct results.
- Don’t provide surety to recover data safely.
I will suggest you use professional software to recover lost data from hard disk. SysTools Hard Drive Recovery Software is a reliable software through which you can recover deleted data from hard disk.
Recover Lost Data From Hard Disk Using Professional Software
Step 1 – Download Software
The first step is to download the software, after downloading, install the software and after this, go to Start and select “all programs”, and then open “SysTools hard drive data recovery”.
Step 2- Scanning Data:-
There are two types of scanning options-
- Scan-If you want to recover deleted and corrupted files/folders then you should select the “scan” option.
- Formatted Scan- If you want to restore the formatted data then you have to select the “formatted scan” option.
Choose the drive & click on the “scan” button.
Step 3- Scanning Progress Report:–
After selecting the scanning process, you have to wait because the software will show you the scanning progress report of the data. It will show you the reading percentage and you have to wait till the time it gets 100%.
Step 4- Recovered:-
When scanning is completed then you get to see all the folders on the left panel. After this, you have to select the data which you want to recover. When you will select the data you can see it on the right panel. The permanently deleted data will be displayed in red color for user convenience.
Step 5- Save Data:-
Select the files or folders you want to recover and click on the “save” button to save the selected files or folders. After this, select a destination on your computer to keep your data safe.
You can recover lost data from damaged hard disk by using SysTools Hard Drive Recovery Software. You can restore all your data safely and securely and you will have more benefits as compared to other software.
Features Of Hard Drive Recovery Software
- It recovers data from IDE, EIDE and SATA devices very quickly.
- It also provides a demo version for free use.
- This software also do partition recovery, means it recovers the whole partition of a hard drive safely and securely.
- It supports different file formats like FAT, exFAT, and NTFS for data recovery.
- This software supports all window versions.
- You can recover videos, documents, pictures etc and many more things.
- This software has a “refresh option” to view the newly connected storage devices.
- You can use this software to restore deleted, corrupted as well as formatted data.
- This software recovers and saves complete data from hard drive easily.
- This is a safe and secure method to retrieve lost data from the hard drive.
- It can also recover data from GPT and MBR hard drive partition.
- It recovers data from internal as well as external hard disks of the computer.
- This software shows permanently data in red color.
In this post, I have discussed how you can recover lost data from hard disk. There are 2 manual methods for data recovery. But both the methods have some drawbacks, so to overcome those drawbacks you can use a professional software named as SysTools Hard Drive Recovery Software. Reliable software for recovering deleted files.