The furniture, especially the wooden ones are really for increasing the aesthetic value of your rooms besides their usefulness. If those get damaged at the fire, it really hurts. But, you would really get happy that with simple tips for fire damaged Furniture Restoration Maryland, you can get back your furniture in the old condition. If any furniture gets burnt, you can’t do anything to that. But, those, which are damaged by smoke, can be restored perfectly. What are the essential tips you can follow to restore smoke-damaged furniture? Read on to know more.
Restore Smoke Damaged Furniture
The first thing you need to restore smoke-damaged furniture is to use a solvent to clean it up. Usually, people use the solvent according to the finishes of the furniture. That’s why the use of paint thinner or denatured alcohol is seen more. Here are the following steps you can follow-
- Instead of cleaning the entire damaged section, you can go for parts. Apply the solvent on small sections and then rub the area with a rough cloth.
- After rubbing, the stain will be gone. Now take a damp cloth and wipe off the area well and then again wipe the space with a dry and soft cloth.
- Leave it for getting completely dry. Once the furniture gets dry well, polish it with a top-quality waxing material.
- While buying any solvent, you need to check the level well to know about its quality. You should only go for certain materials which are good for your furniture. Make sure, you dump the cloth, soaked in the solvent, in an air-tight metal can to keep people stay out of it, especially if you have kids and pets in your house.
- If you see that your furniture has got burn stains, it can be a bit challenging for you to remove that. But, don’t worry as what you need is sandpaper to rub the area. Rubbing with sandpaper can smoothen up the burnt portion of the furniture and it will be easy to remove the stains further.
- If you find the damage is severe and the simple remedies can’t save it, you can always take the professional help there.
Why Consult a Restoration Professional?
For any minimum burnt and smoke damage, you can restore your furniture. But, if you find the damage is severe, it will be best to consult the restoration professionals. They have the proper knowledge and experience in restoring fire-damaged furniture. Besides, they are also able to remove the burnt door and soot from your furniture. You should always hire professional help when you are dealing with antiques, top-quality furniture and certain items that have sentimental values.
So, here you get effective tips on Antique Furniture Restoration Maryland from fire damage. Use these tips and you can get back your favorite furniture as it was before the accident.