Like the other fields of life, the legal industry is also not immune to technological transformations. Though the rise of artificial intelligence and cloud-based technology are creating considerable challenges for the law firms but agencies like Jodat Law Group are already using high-tech to avoid competence problems. New attorneys should also read the Jodat Law Group Reviews to know how the use of technology can increase their online reputation and credibility. However, if you are still unaware of how technology is transforming the law firms, then you must read this article thoroughly.
A recent survey that was conducted by The Diversity & Flexibility Alliance under the title of ‘Law Firm Flexibility Bench marking Survey’ says that more than 64.7% of legal advisory services and attorneys permit a telecommunication to clients to discuss their cases more productively. This remote communication doesn’t only save the travelling cost of the client but also saves the time of attorney. Moreover, applicants can even get the online appointment from the legal expert and discuss their case via email, voice call, video conference and live chats.
One of the crucial challenges that legal firms and law departments of companies are facing is the epidemic growth of constitutional data. To fulfill the quick needs of synthesizing relevant information to sort out legal matters, technology is assisting the attorneys in the following ways:
- IT companies have launched many data-driven applications for law companies to make the research more accessible.
- There are a number of legal forums where newcomers can discuss various juridical points with their colleagues to get better analytical advice.
- The availability of eDiscovery automation software doesn’t only save the time of legal experts but also makes the documentation work very quick with an instant provision of desired data with one keyword or phrase. It also eliminates irrelevant archives to speed up the paperwork process.
Are you still using the redacted stamp for the paperwork in the firm? Or shredding off documents by using machines then it’s time to transform your way of working there. Due to the technological revolution, a number of law firms convert their documents from typical paperwork to electronic working. Nowadays, several legal institutes are performing the documentation with the help of Adobe Acrobat to conduct OCR, Bates stamping and editing work electronically. This step doesn’t give quick access to the desired data, but it also decreases the time consumption and overcome the workload of employees.
Use of Artificial Intelligence
A study conducted by LawGeex in 2014 says a legal task that is being performed by a lawyer in 92 minutes could be done in 26 seconds with the help of artificial intelligence. Yes, it is a reality that AI is decreasing the need for human intelligence in the completion of all kind of operations including legal decisions. Equivalently, to identify the risks of taking a case or analyzing the client’s credibility AI tools like Kira Systems and eBrevia can work more efficiently with fewer errors as compared to humans. In short, AI is considering the future of many industries and playing a significant role in the transformation of the legal world as well.
Since the beginning, privacy protection was a big challenge for law firms, but after the storage of files and data on servers, they are also facing the threat of cyber-attacks. In the past few years, renown legal agencies have experienced high-profile cyber-attacks. One of its examples is “The Panama Papers” where 11.5 million files of the world’s fourth-biggest off-shore law company leaked from its server. Another case of cyber attack is DLA Piper that had to get extra work from its IT staff to recover from NotPetya malware infection.
Although it is hard to recoup with criminal cyber-attacks but with the help of following tech-based suggestions companies can avoid a data breach and can improve privacy.
- First of all, law firms should verify their online hosts to confirm either they can offer proper protection to safeguard data.
- The entry of both users and attorneys in the system of law firms should be difficult. In this regard, companies should take emphasis on two-fact authentication. In the same token, it is better to send on-time PIN codes to users when they try to access the information from the system of the law firm.
- Luckily, to enhance physical security technology has offered effective services. Likewise, law firms obey the clean-and-clear desk policy that leads the instant shut down of laptops, computers and printers when an employee walks away. Furthermore, smart technology can also lock down the cabinets and server rooms with one-click.
- In addition, legal firms should utilize antivirus inspections and run firewall configurations to increase the security of their digital systems. Also, to avoid the criminal cyber attacks law firms also hire the third parties to audit the digital privacy protection of the company.
In the past, it was hard to get legal advice, but fortunately, technology made it very quick and easy to access the juridical recommendation and consoling for all communities. The Internet made it very smooth to connect with an attorney and discuss your problem with them. Propitiously, if you are living in American and looking for online legal community, then Legally Minded is the best option that is being operated by the American Bar Association (ABA).
On the other hand, if it still sounds little hard to get register at any legal forum like Legally Minded to discuss your case, then you can conveniently share it with any lawyer by using social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
Technology is just simplifying the needs of attorneys with IT solutions. In the past, companies were needed a large number of staffs to deal with case management, but with the use of digital business management software, it is effortless to organize contacts’ list, manage legal documents and significant case dates. These platforms don’t only allow the lawyers to work remotely with a web-based device but with tools like Rescue Time and PayPanther lawyers can easily track their activity, and these apps also make them aware when they should switch in between cases.
In brief, the primary purpose to share this article with readers to make aware the law students, attorneys, clients and firm that how technology is influencing on legal industry and how they can get the benefit of it. However, there are also some drawbacks of the use of technology in the legal sector but with right strategies and foreseen planning it is effortless to coup with such limitations.