Are you sure that you want to permanently delete the Gmail account? Because permanently deleting the Gmail account means that you won’t be able to access It ever again. Yes, the account will be lost forever and the data stored on it will also be gone.
So, if you are absolutely positive that you want to delete account, then proceed to the process of permanent account deletion of Google.
Table of Contents
What Happens When You Delete Google Account?
When you choose to delete your Google account, you will lose the account to all Google services such as google photos, YouTube, Gmail, Drive, Calendar and more. You will also lose the data present on these services. You’ll also lose any subscriptions you’ve had with Google such as YouTube Red or Google Play.
If your account is hacked or compromised and you want to delete it, take a security check-up before deleting the account. It will provide you insightful information about what is compromised on your account. This way you can determine the cause and change a few things to make sure that the account is safe and secure and you don’t need to delete it.
Now, let’s proceed to the deletion steps of the Gmail account using an Android device.
Review and Download
Well, you must consider reviewing the account before beginning the deletion process and download the data stored on various google services. You can go to the info section of the Google account and learn how you can download the data from the account.
You should also update the recovery information on your account in case you want to recover it later on. Yes, Google allows you to recover permanently deleted accounts but you won’t get the data back.
Now, you can proceed to the actual steps that need to be taken to delete the account permanently.
Delete a Google Account
Via these steps, you will be able to delete the Google Account permanently without any hitch.
Let’s get started.
Note: No matter which Android device you are using, these settings are always the same in every Android device available out there. So, follow these steps carefully to delete the account permanently.
- Unlock your android device and open the menu by touching the menu icon.
- Now, you need to scroll down or sideways and reach the phone settings icon.
- Tap on the Settings icon and now, you need to scroll down to find Google Account option.
- Every Android device’ Settings has a Google Account option; you will be able to delete the account from there.
- Tap on Google and then a new page will open where you will have to tap on the ‘Manage your Google Account’ option.
- Now, you need to search for Data & Personalization tab and tap on it.
- Then, scroll down below and look for ‘Download, delete, or make a plan for your data’ section.
- Once there, tap on the ‘Delete a service or your account’ option.
- Now, look for ‘Delete your Google Account’ section and tap on the ‘Delete your account’ link.
This way you can delete a Google Account permanently without breaking a sweat. You Shouldn’t encounter any problem if you follow the steps in an orderly fashion, if there is an issue and you are not able to delete the account, you can contact the support officials at Google. They will help you close Gmail account without any issue.
However, you will be able to recover your Gmail account whenever you like with the same password and recovery options but the data will be gone forever.