Are you planning to visit Florida anytime soon? If yes, then you should definitely check out the Florida fairs and festivals. To so many people, Florida is the land of surf, sand, sun, and standing in theme parks waiting to enter inside. Nevertheless, to some of them it is a small country that is just very lazy. Whatever the case is, you just can’t miss the fairs and festivals of this country. We bet you will have an amazing time with your near and dear friends. Also, checking out festivals of some other country has always been a fun task. So, do not wait further, and get started.
The Best Events in Florida
- Gasparilla Pirate Fest: If you are someone who is searching for some fun festivals in Florida this weekend, then this one is a must. This festival is named after Jose Gaspar who was known to terrorize the coastal waters of the country. Basically, the entire festival starts with the Gasparilla invasion. About eight hundred people invaded Tampa Bay and organized a kick ass pirate theme party then and there. This is one special day where you eat finger licking dishes, dance as if no one is watching, and enjoy the live music with everybody around. And the special pirate costume makes the festival more interesting.
- Worm Gruntin festival: This festival is considered to be one of the most famous and largest festivals in Florida. The celebration drawas so many people from various countries who come here to see the worms rise from the crown. Basically, the new Worm Gruntin King is crowned with the worms. The event consists of various competitions, music, and food. Different activities take place throughout the day and end with a music show late at night
- Winterfest Boat Parade: This one is a must if you have been planning to attend the fairs in Florida this weekend. This show is considered to be one of the biggest shows on water. Bringing together so many people from all over the world, this event is organized on a boat. Different types of boats are decorated in the best manner and you surely can’t miss attending this event. Check out this event if you are in Florida or are planning to fly anytime soon.
- Jazz in the garden music fest: The city of Miami for many, this event is one of the best entertainment events for everybody. With a history of thirteen years, the event is about celebrating culture, diversity, art with the help of different genres of music. Attend this event and enjoy the beats. Do not forget to check out the event. You surely will have a fun time as you get a chance to see the local artists. Organized in March every year, this event is one of the highly anticipated music festivals.
- Bacon and bourbon festival: All the food lovers, this festival is for you people. The bacon and bourbon festival is the one where you come across a wonderful menu of pork and bacon dishes. The dishes are prepared by the local chefs. What you have to do is finish eating the dishes as soon as possible and you win the price. However, the real challenge here is you have to eat dishes that are made up of different ingredients. For example, a pork ice cream that consists of salt, pork, cream, and milk. Sounds yuck, right? Well, all the best!
- Sugar sand festival: This is a ten day wide celebration that is organized to pay tribute to the valuable assets of the country, the sand and the sunsets. To enjoy this event, head out to the beach and be a part of all the fun activities that are taking place. The festival can be enjoyed by youngsters, elders, and even kids. Isn’t it interesting? You will also get a chance to enjoy the live paintings, fireworks, sand competition, artisans and crafters, entertainment, and more. However, you cannot miss to check the main attraction of the festival which is the sugar sand walk exhibition. This exhibition happens every year. What makes it more interesting is every year these people come up with different ideas. This is one major reason why people want to attend this festival without fail.
Reaching Florida? Please check out the fairs and festivals mentioned in the piece and have a wonderful time.