Today work and life are so tiring and stressful that everyone wants to take a break from it for extreme relaxation and refreshment. In the case, most people choose to take a nap in the lap of nature and come back after energizing themselves. If you are also one of them, willing to plan a trip to a foreign country for a short vacation, then Thailand Tour could be the best option for you.
Situated in the South East of the Asian continent, Thailand is a wonderful country embraced by natural beauty and a lot of tourist attractions. Famous for its amazing exotic locations and tourist-friendly environment, Thailand is one of the most visited tourist spots of South Asia and is often referred to as ‘The Land of Smiles’.
Then what’s the most special thing about Thailand. Don’t you want to know??
The beautiful country of Thailand is famous for its religious and historical heritage accompanied by mind-blowing natural beauty and Thai culture. The relaxing beaches, islands and the enchanting Buddhist temples (Pagodas) are the main attractions of the region. There is a lot more in Thailand that is worth visiting. So let’s take a look at some of the most popular places to visit in Thailand –
1. Cities and towns to visit in Thailand
- Bangkok – Bangkok, the capital city of Thailand is the most amazing place in Thailand. Also known as ‘the city of angels’, Bangkok is one of the most happening places in the world. Exploring the city attractions, sky-touching buildings, huge palaces, and ancient temples, trying delicious Thai street food, shopping in the busiest market places and the glorious nightlife of the city are the things one can enjoy during their stay in Bangkok.
- Chiang Mai – Surrounded by magnificent green mountains, Chiang Mai is popularly known for its Thai food restaurants and cafes. Shopping in Chiang Mai’s night markets will be an ever forgettable experience for you. This place gives you the true essence of Thailand’s tradition, culture and lifestyle.
- Pai – Situated in Mae Hong Son district, Pai is a quiet village, embellished with natural scenic attractions such as lush green lands, springs and falls, giving a relaxing effect to our body, mind and soul. This is what makes it a favored place for travelers and visitors.
- Chiang Rai – Famous for its White Temple, Chiang Rai is another wonderful place to visit in Thailand. Located in North East of Chiang Mai, this place is worth a visit. Places to visit in Chiang Rai include ancient temples, beautiful landscapes and views, museums, markets and restaurants.
2. Beaches & Islands
- Koh Lipe – Koh Lipe is one of the beautiful Thai islands, located in the Andaman Sea near Thailand-Malaysia borders. Situated on the fringes of the Tarutao National Marine Park, Koh Lipe is famous for its white sandy beaches, crystal clear waters, tropical fishes and coral reefs. Snorkeling and scuba diving are the activities one can enjoy on the island of Koh Lipe. Pattaya Beach, Sunrise beach, and Sunset Beach are the three main beaches of Koh Lipe.
- Phuket – Famous for its spectacular natural splendor, rich Thai culture, picturesque beach view, and other sporty activities, Phuket island is Thailand’s largest island with more than 30 beaches. The best beaches to visit in Phuket are – Karon beach, Layan beach, Bangtao beach, Patong beach, Kata Noi beach, Kata Yai Beach, Paradise beach, Nai Harn beach, and Surin beach.
- Ko Pha Ngan – Ko Pha Ngan island, best known as ‘Land of Coconut Trees’, is famous for its full moon parties held every month. The popular beaches to visit in Ko Pha Ngan Island include Malibu beach, Leela beach, Thong Nai Pan Yai Beach, Thong Nai Pan Noi beach, Bottle Beach, Haad Salad beach, and many more.
- Ko Phi Phi – Located in the Krabi province, Ko Phi Phi island is the largest one among the Phi Phi island group. Comprises of two main islands – Ko Phi Phi Don and Ko Phi Phi Leh; Ko Phi Phi is famous for its stunning views and exotic beauty. The best beaches of Ko Phi Phi islands are – Maya Bay, Leh Dalum Bay, Long Beach, Bamboo Island, Monkey beach, Laem Tong beach, etc.
- Ko Chang – Situated in the Trat province, Ko Chang is the third largest island in the country. Ko Chang’s main beaches include – White Sand Beach, Klong Prao Beach and Kai Bae beach.
- Ko Tao – Ko Tao is the fastest developing island, with an increasing number of tourists every year. The island of Ko Tao is most famous for hiking, scuba diving and rock climbing.
- Railey Beach – A must-visit beach in Thailand, Railey beach is a small peninsula comprising of four beaches that falls under the Krabi province. It’s among the most recommended tourist destinations in Thailand. Simply beautiful and spectacular!! Railey beach seems to be a paradise on earth.
3. National Parks
- Mu Ko Chang National Park – Located in the Trat province of Thailand, Mu Ko Chang National Park is also known as Mu Ko Chang Marine National park. One can see 29 mammal species, 74 bird species and 42 species of reptiles in this park. Spread in over 650 square kilometers of area, Mu Ko Chang national park is a part of Ko Chang island.
- Erawan National Park – Erawan National Park is another wildlife reserve, situated in the Tenasserim hills in Kanchanaburi province. Erawan national park is famous for its Erawan waterfalls, which is part of the national park itself.
- Khao Yai – Khao Yai is the third-largest national park in Thailand. Established in the year 1962, Khao Yai National Park is a home to many interesting wild animals. One can see a wide variety of reptiles, mammals and birds in the park.
- Khao Sok – Considered as the oldest rainforest, Khao Sok national park is an interesting place to visit. High hills, waterfalls, lakes, and caves are the main attractions of this park.
4. Temples, Religious Spots & Buddhist Pagodas
- Ayutthaya – People interested in archeology and Thai history can give around to this famous spot situated near Bangkok. UNESCO has declared the place as World Heritage Site because of the old temple ruins found here.
- Wat Pho – This famous Buddhist temple in Bangkok is a place of tourist attraction. One can see the magnificent statue of reclining Buddha in the temple.
- Phanom Rung – Phanum Rang is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple estimated to be built between the 10th to 13th century by Khmer culture is a popular tourist destination.
- Sukhothai Historical site – Sukhothai historical park is one of the World Heritage Sites in Thailand and a must-visit tourist place. People can also give around to the Ramkhamhaeng National Museum to learn about Sukothai culture.