Australia is a popular destination for studying abroad. Many students choose to study in this country because it provides high-quality education with relatively low tuition fees. However, it is not easy to study abroad in Australia. So if you want to study in country, you’d better know how to study abroad in Australia beforehand. Here is simple tutorial for your reference.
1. Choose a School that Fits You
Firstly, you should find and choose a school that fits you. This is easy to complete as long as you follow the right steps:
– Decide which state or city you want to study in: While finding a school or course, you can first decide which state or city you want to study in, especially for those who want to immigrate to Australia after graduation. That’s because some states in Australia have a guarantee policy for local international students. According to Australia’s immigration policy, both overseas students and direct migrants almost always rely on state guarantees to emigrate. For international students, state sponsorship opportunities in each state are available only to international students who have studied locally, and absolutely not to graduates from other states. Hence, if you want to permanently resident in Australia, you should choose the right state at first.
– Select a proper major: The next thing you need to do is to select a proper major. Here, if you do not plan to work and live in Australia after graduation, you can choose a course that you are interested in. But if you want to be a permanent resident after graduation, you’d better choose a course from the list of sponsored occupations. This will greatly improve your opportunity to permanently stay in Australia.
– Compare and choose a school: When you complete the steps above, you would find that there are not too many schools meeting your requirements. At this point, you can compare the rest schools and courses from different aspects, such as school rankings, subject rankings, scholarships, tuition fees, school location and more.
2. Upgrade Your English Proficiency to the Required Level
Before applying for an Australian school and study in the country, you have to upgrade your English proficiency to the required level by taking English tests. The tests you can take include TOEFL, IELTS, BULATS, PTE and so on. Only when your English language proficiency reaches the required level can you successfully apply for a institute and study abroad in Australia.
3. Apply for the Chosen School
The next step you need to do is to apply for the school you chose. But as we all know, applying for a foreign school is difficult as well as troublesome. So while doing the school application, you are strongly recommended to ask an agent for help or use a powerful course application tool called CatEight. This is a professional as well as powerful course search and application platform. Through it, you can find a course and school that fit you then simply apply for it. It provides you with 3 submission methods: submit via a specific agent, Request Pool or education institution. With the help of this tool, you will be able to complete the school application with ease. If you are interested in it, you can go to Course Application to have a try.
4. Apply for Your Australian Student Visa
If your application is approved, you will receive an offer from the applied institutions. After that, you can start to apply your Australian student visa. To complete the visa application, you can turn to CatEight as well. Its Visa Application can assist you to complete the student visa application with ease. On the platform, you can fill in the application form, upload the required documents and submit your application case to agent or Request Pool.
5. The Formalities before the Departure
Except for the student visa, there are other things you need to do before going to Australia. These formalities include:
– Purchase Overseas Student Health Cover: The Overseas Student Health Cover ( OSHC ) is an organization that will allow you to be reimbursed for your medical, hospital and certain medications. So while studying in Australia, you can consider subscribing to an international SMENO health plan to be 100% covered.
– Prepare the needed certificates: Certificate are the most powerful proof of your identity and your qualifications, especially when you are in another country. So before the departure, don’t forget to check your certificated and make sure you won’t lost them.
– Know about and apply for scholarship: Many Australian institutions offer scholarships for international students which will greatly reduce students’ economic burden. If needed, you can know about and apply for scholarships.
This is how to study abroad in Australia. If you want to study in Australia, you can simply follow the steps above to achieve your goal. When you try to apply for course or student visa, you can turn to the powerful course and visa application tool – CatEight. It will help you to complete the whole process more quickly and smoothly.