Investing your money in a quality ergonomic mouse will ensure you can prevent wrist pain even after working for longer hours. However, you need to keep in mind that not all the models are equally good. Buying the right mice become a very difficult task, especially if you have a history of carpal tunnel syndrome. If that’s the case with you, then buying a good ergonomic mouse is all you need to do.
In this post, we are going to talk about various types of the ergonomic mouse so that you can understand which one will works for you perfectly. Let’s check out the facts about each one carefully.
Unlike horizontal mice, they don’t put any pressure on the wrist and move as an ordinary mouse. However, you will find their shape a little bit unique.
- Constructed in an attractive & cool shape
- Give liberty to arm for staying in a better natural position
- Easy to access extra buttons
- Adjustment takes time
- Sizing is different than the normal mouse
Who should shop for a vertical mouse?
The people who are looking to work in a more natural position should go for a vertical mouse.
- Trackball Mouse
A trackball mouse is the one that comes with rotating balls most probably on the top side. You need to roll these balls when the cursor is needed to move. The thing that makes this type of ergonomic mouse different is its better controlling over palm, thumb, and fingers.
- The presence of trackball makes working on the computer less fatigued.
- Precise movement and controlling
- Works perfectly even on uneven surfaces
- Provide infinite range coverage
- Not an appropriate option for gaming
- Large built than a traditional mouse
Who should shop for a trackball mouse?
The trackball mouse is the superb option to choose if your main motive is precision and accuracy.
- Joystick Mouse
The next mouse that we want to talk about is the joystick mouse that is considered a more radical version of a vertical mouse. It is a small unit that can be very helpful for people dealing with musculoskeletal issues like tendinitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, and arthritis.
- Considered perfect for flight simulators and fighting games
- Give room for a great sort of movements
- Equipped with lots of customized buttons
- Provide quick interactions
- Lacks in terms of robustness
- Demand little bit extra hand movements
Who should shop for a joystick mouse?
The gamers who like to play an extended period should never look beyond the joystick house. It comes with all the necessary features needed in an ergonomic mouse for playing games comfortably.
- Horizontal Mouse
The next one is another popular form of mouse that generally comes with a contoured dome shape. It either works optically or using laser for tracking the movement. If someone is looking for productivity with a minimal level of fatigue, then the horizontal mouse is the right choice to make.
- Boost productivity to a greater level
- Impressive design and construction
- Provides extra comfort
- Affordable option to shop
- Easily get clogged with dust
- Doesn’t have a long life
Who should choose a horizontal mouse?
The horizontal mouse is the most appropriate fit for people who want to make their office productivity better. That’s why it is one of the most common types that usually used in offices. They don’t create too much fatigue on the wrist and make sure you can work comfortably for an extended period.
Which ergonomic mouse to choose?
Well, the answer to this query differs from one person to another. Some may only look to have comfort in the mouse, whereas others will think about the productivity prospect. There might be many readers whose main purpose is to enjoy gaming comfortably.
For easing your confusion, we have provided the pros and cons of every ergonomic mouse type. Have a look at all of them and choose the right one as per the needs. If there is a query in your mind regarding the ergonomic mouse, please write about it in the comment section.