Have you always wanted to explore the culture of Malaysia? Well, then what better way to get to know a place other than its capital city! Kuala Lumpur being the capital city of Malaysia draws thousands of tourists every year. With its chic urban environment that welcomes all with warmth, dominated by a primarily Islamic style of architecture, this city is a treat for both the eyes and the senses. If you are planning on taking a tour through Malaysia, then it is best that you start off with Kuala Lumpur. You can also visit this city if you are looking for a relaxing holiday.
What are the benefits of visiting Kuala Lumpur?
Well to begin with you will not have any difficulty in finding a cheap hotel in Kuala Lumpur of your choice. Being one of the most happening tourist destinations in the world with a number of tourists coming in every year, the city has its chain of luxury hotels as well as budget friendly homestays. So, you can browse your options online and book the one that you like the most.
In most cases, when it comes to foreign travel you will need a pre-arrival visa. The visa application processes generally take a lot of time and there is always this uncertainty as to whether or not your visa will get approved. Well if you are planning on visiting the city for a span of less than 90 days for the purpose of tourism, then you will be given the visa on arrival. Hence you will be able to save yourself the hassle of the pre-arrival visa application process when visiting Kuala Lumpur.
Another huge benefit of visiting Kuala Lumpur is that being a popular tourist destination, you will find the option of many packaged tours of different durations and budget. With a packaged tour you can save yourself the trouble of organizing the entire trip on your won – from booking your flight tickets to finding the perfect place to say to chalk out the places to visit; it can be quite a task. When you head out for a vacation, you want to relax, right? So, why take so much stress when it comes to planning it? You will get a number of packaged tours online for planning a stay in Kuala Lumpur and do make sure that you book your stay only through a reliable source.
And lastly, when it comes to visiting Kuala Lumpur, you can home here with your family for a relaxing holiday, you can come here with your friends and you can even come here for a romantic getaway. So, whatever might be your type of trip, Kuala Lumpur fits right in.
Weather and the clothes to carry
Well, the ideal time to visit Kuala Lumpur would be between May to July or from December to February. Though this city has a rather humid climate, if you plan on a visit during this time of the year, then you are more likely to find a pleasant climate which will help you to move around the place and explore it with ease.
Be very particular about the clothes that you take for the trip. To begin with, carry light and breezy clothes. Do make sure that you carry an umbrella with you, because you never know when it might rain here. Carry shorts and loose t shirts and of course your running or walking shoes for maximum comfort. Do not carry excess clothing, keep it minimal and comfortable as much as possible because then it will be easier for you to move your luggage from one place to another.
Places to visit in Kuala Lumpur
Okay, now coming to the most exciting part of the trip – the places that you have to visit when in the city. Wondering what they are? Let’s take a look:
- The highlight of the city is the Petronas Towers. It was once the tallest building in the world, but it was beaten by later constructions. Today it is the tallest twin buildings in the globe and makes for a spectacular sight in the Kuala Lumpur skyline. It houses the offices of some of the major corporate houses in the world. There are several places of tourist activities and interests as well, which you might want to try out!
- Do you have a particular affinity towards bird watching? Do you feel a natural interest for the fauna? Well, then you can definitely try out the Bird Park in the city. It is the home to the widest range of birds that you can find in this region. Along with birds, there are other animals too which are found here in the park. If you are travelling with family, then this makes for an excellent tourist destination.
- Interested in exploring caves, some of which might even be older than 400 million years? Then the place for you to visit is the Batu Caves. There are temples inside the caves and you can explore the entire area in what feels like a walk, through the channels of history. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations of this city.
- Head out to the Aquaria-KLCC to have some fun while you check out various aquatic animals, primarily the shark. It is mainly an underwater aquatic zoo where you can take a look at some of the most interesting marine animals. Both kids and adults alike are bound to enjoy this.
- JalanAlor is the place to be when the sun sets in Kuala Lumpur. This is the food haven of the city with special Malaysian delicacies being served as the sun goes down. This is a night market for all the food lovers and if you want to make your evening in Kuala Lumpur one to satiate your taste buds, then this is the place that you have to be!
Kuala Lumpur is a city of many surprises. Plan a trip with a trusted tour planner online and make your way to Kuala Lumpur today! Have a happy and enjoyable time in the city!
Learn More: cheap hotel in Kuala Lumpur