If you need help staying organized, consider investing in a few clever storage solutions. In this guide, you’ll discover eight storage options that are useful and clever.
Colorful File Cabinets
File cabinets that are different colors can help you divide and organize your important paperwork. If you need mobility, pick several colorful file cabinets with casters. The casters will help you roll the file cabinets to different areas in your office easier.
You should buy file cabinets with a locking mechanism if you collect sensitive information. To ensure the highest level of security, store one key to the cabinets in the office and a backup key off the premises.
Plastic buckets protect items that can deteriorate. Every bucket has a specific grade that determines its toughest and quality. A low-grade bucket can hold produce and dry foods. It has a lightweight housing and thin walls. The higher grade buckets are denser; they’re ideal for paints, cements, and other industrial products.
A basic box is available in various formats. If you pick a proper right box, you’ll have no problems protecting vulnerable items that are in storage. The following boxes are available at most supply stores:
- Corrugated fiberboard: This type of box is made with one or two fluted sheets of cardboard. The dual-layered boxes are best for heavy items because the two fluted sheets add strength and durability.
- Carton: A carton is a traditional cardboard box. It’s commonly made with a combination of materials. A popular combination is card stock and paperboard because these materials create dense boxes that don’t degrade easily.
In the kitchen, proper storage solutions can keep delicate ingredients fresh longer. If you run a restaurant, you may want to buy a few of these containers:
- Plastic food containers: When you’re selecting plastic containers for food, ensure that the material is FDA compliant. The FDA recommends low-density polyethylene, high-density polypropylene, and polyethylene terephthalate containers for food storage.
- Aluminum food containers: Aluminum containers can protect vulnerable foods by creating a barrier. Heavy-duty aluminum containers work well outdoors as they can prevent rapid spoilage that’s typically caused by air and light. Regular and commercial-grade aluminum containers are manufactured with and without a lid.
- Jewelry: At a retail store, a jewelry safe can protect expensive accessories without causing severe deterioration. One safe has enough storage space for multiple jewelry pieces.
- Burglary: A burglary safe can deter criminal acts. If someone tries to break into this type of safe, the process will be quite difficult because a burglary safe has a heavy-duty steel base. Also, it isn’t easy to move while it’s secured on the ground with bolts.
A steel building is an ideal storage solution for farmers. Inside of this building, there is plenty of space for tractors, plows, wagons, and other farming equipment.
Besides physical items, a business also needs storage solutions for data. There are many easy-to-use programs that manage data for businesses, and they’re optimized for smartphones and tablets. For example, some software solutions can compile information about customers for mobile teams, and all of this data can be shared during projects.
The big benefit is that business storage applications have backups options that help users protect their data. They can easily transfer the data to a general storage drive.
Rolling carts help the staff at a restaurant. These carts are available in multiple sizes, and each design has a different storage capacity. A cart that has two shelves works well in a small restaurant, and a cart with three shelves can hold various supplies that are used throughout daily operations in a large restaurant.
These eight storage solutions are practical, convenient, and clever. If you’re looking for a clever way to incorporate some of these solutions, hire an interior designer. A designer will help you add the larger solutions in different areas in a way that doesn’t create clutter.
To save money on the larger storage solutions, shop at a local wholesale supply store. These products are more affordable at a wholesale store because there is no middleman. If you need a storage building, Stor’d Storage has solutions that are considered.